In accordance with the articles
149 and 150 of the EC Treaty, the role of the Community concentrates
on contributing to the development of a quality education, encouraging
the cooperation among the Members States and, if necessary, to support
and complete its action, especially in order to develop the European
dimension in education, developing the mobility and promoting the
European cooperation between education and university institutions.
Therefore, according to these articles, the Union does not pretend
to elaborate nor apply to common politics as regards education,
but developing the cooperation in this field.
The Socrates Program belongs to these Community action programmes
adopted under the co-decision procedure to European scale between
the Council and the Parliament.
One of their actions is Grundtvig. It facilitates cross-cultural
investigation, mobility and exchange of experiences among partnerships
in charge of adults training. In our case, with the project Luces:
Cognitive Abilities, we had to develop proposals dedicated to the
training of future entrepreneurs.
The partnerships that take part in this project are the following:
Organismo Autónomo para el Desarrollo
Is an entity that supports the management and starting-up of experiences
of local development and occupational training in the Cáceres
province. It aims at developing innovative experiences, support
for the design and execution of other experiences promoted by the
different teams that exist in the province.
Its objectives are:
- To develop local development methodologies so that they give
support to the Local Entities and other local Institutions.
- To use and disseminate the funds available for local development.
- To help to use the available resources of the region through
- To facilitate the valorisation of the resources and productions,
especially those of the architrectural, natural and cultural patrimony
of the different districts of Extremadura.
- To promote public and private investements in our province.
- To introduce new technologies in every development sector.
- To design training, advice and information services for Local
Entities and Development centres of the province.
- To improve the training processes and production of the “Escuelas
Taller” (workshop schools) and “Casas de Oficios”
(linked work and training centres) adapting them to the needs
of the labour market.
- To promote the hiring of the students of the program who work,
making the manager aware and encouraging self-employment and social
- To encourage the participation of Local Entities in the UE development.
- To facilitate the action of the Autonomous Community in the
Cáceres province in the fields of the organism.
- To contribute to create or maintain work in the province.
COMUNIDAD DE MADRID. CEPA de Villaverde
The Centre of adult training of Villaverde (CEPA of Villaverde)
is a service which is answerable to the Consejería of Education
and Culture of the Madrid Community.
This institution has not stopped working since its creation in
1960. During the year 1995 its building was restructured to improve
the equipments of the regulated and non-regulated activities, that
took place there. These activities are for young people and adults.
SINERGIA TRAINING AND HUMAN DEVELOPING
Sinergia is a non-profit-making association that acts in Castile
and Leon from 1995 in the field of the adults and young people non-regulated
education, of employment and self-employment, personal development,
youth and social work.
Sinergia collaborates with the autonomous region of Castile and
Leon, provincial delegations, town councils, public and private
training centres and NGOs.
TEMPO Training Center
The company TEMPO was founded in September 1996 in Ostrava with
the aim of becoming a reputable training centre in the field of
computer and business training. In the last four years TEMPO went
through emphatic progression and has already three offices, in Ostrava,
Prague and Brno. Since 1999 we also have another office in San Francisco
(USA), which gives planning and consultancy services. Currently,
our company has 46 employees, including lectors and assistants,
without the need of outsourcing.
The activities of TEMPO are divided into the following five main
- Computer training and training for personal computer users
and software professionals
- Training programs to enhance managerial and entrepreneurial
- Development and implementation of European co-operation programmes
in conjunction with the European Union programmes
- Language training using multimedia for English, German and also
Dutch language, including projects for the development of CD ROM’s
- Design and creation of websites.
TITAN Centre has been established by university lecturers, members
of Nepravitelstwena Profesionalna Organizacia Izledovatelski Proecti
sa Evropeiska I Atlanticheska Integrazia NGO RESEARCH PROJECTS for
EURO and ATLANTIC INTEGRATION
TITAN CENTRE – Technology, Information, Transfer and Analysis
TITAN Centre has been established to work as an “incubator”
of innovative projects and develop relations between training, industrial
and management centres.
The main taks of the centre are:
- To shorten the distance between the idea and the project under
- To help the international cooperation of specialists in different
- To gather and present information from different perspectives
and possibilities for the development of equipment and technology;
- Technical specialization and economic estimate of technology
- To carry out some training actions for the vocational guidance
or re-guidance in the field of new technologies;
- Implementation of new teaching methods and analyse of their
- Consultancy and methodological activities in the field of engineering
- To establish and keep in touch with specialists in similar fields;
- Surveys of public opinion on the problems of the Euro-Atlantic
integration of Bulgaria
The Centre also creates databases:
- Technology, development for implementation;
- Applicants for developing active economic activities;
- Preparing didactic materials for teaching;
- Promotion of the Centre and dissemination of its activities.
The Centre of Guidance, Information and Employment
The Centre of Guidance, Information and Employment (COIE) of the
UNED (national distance university) is answerable to the Vice-Chancellorship
of Students and Institutional Relationships, which performs its
functions in co-ordination with the attached Associated Centres.
To offer the support and help to all our university community for
the adaptation and academic integration of the student and for his
professional introduction and promotion.
The centre offers its services to:
- Students and graduates of the UNED.
- Teaching staff, Administration and Services staff
Consorzio Artigiano Autoriparatori
Il Consorzio Artigiano Autoriparatori è un consorzio di
imprese che riunisce 1140 aziende di autoriparazione sul territorio
Opera senza scopo di lucro dal 1994 in attività di formazione
e aggiornamento per gli autoriparatori collaborando con:
- Agenform - Agenzia Servizi Formativi Provincia di Cuneo
- Agenzia Formativa Istituto Gamma di Torino
- Clinica Paolo Sacchi - Servizi di Prevenzione
- Confartigianato Formazione Piemonte e Valle d’Aosta
- Conseil National des Professions de l'Automobile
- Impresa Ambiente
- Plymouth College of Further Education
- Provincia di Torino
- Suzuki Italia s.p.a.
- Università degli Studi di Torino – Facoltà
di Economia e Commercio
Tra i servizi che il CAA offre agli associati:
- Realizzazione di corsi di formazione per adulti relativi a:
sistemi elettronici di funzionamento, diagnosi e controllo, prassi
diagnostica, elettronica di base e avanzata, sistema qualità
ISO 9000, sicurezza 626, infomatica (rilascio della Patente Europea),
internet, Legge sulla Privacy: adempimenti dell’officina,
marketing, business games, management dell’impresa, principi
di tecniche di vendita e comunicazione con il cliente, controllo
di gestione, inglese
- Realizzazione del software Easy Car per la gestione dell’impresa
(gestione magazzino, clienti, fornitori, fatture ed autovetture)
che viene dato gratuitamente agli associati
- Vendita Bollino Blu
- Pratiche per il rilascio delle autorizzazioni per il Bollino
- Convenzione medico del lavoro
- Convenzione per finanziamenti ai clienti delle officine
- Convenzione per assistenza recupero crediti
- Assistenza L. 626
- Consulenza finanziamenti agevolati
- Convenzione per consulenza e smaltimento rifiuti
The Associations in the project
“Luces: Cognitive Abilities” are very different, because
they are aimed at all social stratum, although they usually focus
on popular social groups and on those who have important social
and educative lacks.
To facilitate the reading of this guide, each point in the chapters
follows the same sequence: introduction, which contains the objectives,
the outline of contents with the activities and bibliography.
Lastly, we would like to underline that the purpose of this work
is to make people aware that, through the training programs for
Entrepreneurs, a lot of people can accede easier to the labour market
when they probably would not have any opportunity if they were wage
Mª Luisa Sánchez Almagro
Juan Antonio Moriano León
Cándida Sevilla Solano